King's Quest 8 Download Mac Os X

  • For information on humanitarian relief/support efforts for Ukraine, an how you tin assist, please visit this thread.
You lot are using an out of date browser. It may non display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or apply an alternative browser.
I used to play King'due south Quest V all the time in my youth... (never got very far though, these games are the definition of a guide game)

I want to record footage of the games for enquiry purposes. What's the all-time way to play them today?

Getting the from GOG probably.
Getting the from GOG probably.

Volition that piece of work on a Mac?
Is the collection no longer on Steam?
Is the collection no longer on Steam?

It is on Steam
Boom...

I need Windows to be able to play them.

Boom...

I need Windows to be able to play them.


Bootcamp, parallels, or VMWare Fusion?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
King's Quest 5 was my showtime PC game. Dear it to death.
Blast...

I need Windows to exist able to play them.

Doesn't ScummVM run them?
Doesn't ScummVM run them?
Don't think the Sierra games use that game engine
Don't think the Sierra games use that game engine
ScummVM tin play many games on different engines, SCI and AGI are amidst them.
Doesn't DOSBox have a Mac version? If you buy the GOG versions of ane-six I'm pretty sure they are all just running in DOSBox, so if yous know what you lot're doing you can just install DOSBox for Mac and move the files over.
The games are bachelor on play on ScummVM. You can buy legitimate copies on GOG.com.

The GOG versions should work with ScummVM.

GOG with ScummVM on Mac or Steam.

KQVI was my jam back in the day - used to play that with my brother and nosotros had a blast.

Doesn't ScummVM run them?

Yeah BootCamp I tried merely it needs a Window icon or something.
The games are available on play on ScummVM. Y'all can buy legitimate copies on GOG.com.

The GOG versions should piece of work with ScummVM.

This is your best bet right here.
Yeah BootCamp I tried merely it needs a Window icon or something.
There'south a native Bone X package for ScummVM. I can't requite specific advice since I've never tried it on OS X, but that seems like a more direct route to your goal than running BootCamp to run ScummVM to run King's Quest (even if that should be technically possible.)
Don't think the Sierra games apply that game engine

Information technology runs them anyway, only IIRC the GOG versions simply apply dosbox which also runs on mac anyway
Gotta rep KQIII. Gets a lot of detest simply I luv it. I even made and decorated my own spell volume.
kings-quest-iii-introduction.png
Gotta rep KQIII. Gets a lot of hate but I luv it. I even fabricated and busy my own spell book.

The AGD Remake was very well done, a dandy homage to this game.
The games are bachelor on play on ScummVM. You can buy legitimate copies on GOG.com.

The GOG versions should work with ScummVM.


So I downloaded Rex's Quest 5, but I can't go it to show up on ScummVM... what am I doing wrong?
So I downloaded Rex's Quest 5, but I can't get it to evidence up on ScummVM... what am I doing wrong?
Click Add together game and choose directory where you lot unpacked KQ5?
Click Add game and choose directory where yous unpacked KQ5?

Well, the file is blank because MAC doesn't support it. (I don't have windows at this moment)
It's been a hot minute since my mac days, but all the people shouting ScummVM are correct, ScummVM supports a whopping amount of adventure games (including the recent addition of 1600 text adventures, and the upcoming integration of ResidualVM).

I have pulled together an archive of every ScummVM supported game sold on Steam/GOG/Platforms, and basically all you demand is to download the game from the platform, drag and drib the files (usually but a handful are needed. See the AGI section here for what files are really needed) into a folder named after that game, and bespeak ScummVM at that folder. Yous can then uninstall the download from the platform you downloaded it on (reduces file size bloat, and runs better than the Steam comps, etc)

For getting the packages to download on a mac, yous might need to look into Wine (https://www.winehq.org/), using a lightweight UI version like WINESkin might be more easy (a good tutorial on using this for steam specifically is hither: world wide web.easypctutorials.com/windows-steam-on-mac-wineskin/). In one case you get the WINESkin ready upward, buy and download that Kings Quest Comp, apply the steam "open install directory" command to find the files, pull the files, and so you tin can delete everything. (a similar solution tin be done with GOG Galaxy if y'all bought on GOG. Simply await for GOG in the WINEskin apps if it exists)

Kings Quest, being fairly pop does have a few fan remakes. Oft these include minor tweaks and changes so aren't exactly 100% the same (Though neither is ScummVM which incorporates fan problems fixes). AGD Interactive has remade i, 2, and three, likewise as Quest for Glory two, and Kings Quest 3 has been remade by a different group known as Infamous Adventures. Both groups have put out Mac ports of their remakes, but do not work in ScummVM.

Gotta rep KQIII. Gets a lot of detest but I luv it. I even made and decorated my ain spell book.
kings-quest-iii-introduction.png

Was information technology? Back when I was part of the Sierra fan community, I remember most people looked back upon it fondly, its "plot twist" being fairly revolutionairy for its time and its main antagonist being a very threatening and constructive villain. Although its drawbacks (the copy protection and the need to play the waiting game until events moved forwards, sometimes for quite a long time) were acknowledged even then.
The AGD Remake was very well done, a not bad homage to this game.

Man, that takes me back.
Gotta rep KQIII. Gets a lot of hate merely I luv it. I even fabricated and decorated my ain spell book.
kings-quest-iii-introduction.png
My first KQ game - have fond memories of playing on my Apple 2 GS
Gotta rep KQIII. Gets a lot of detest but I luv it. I even made and decorated my own spell book.
kings-quest-iii-introduction.png

So many memories. Sneaking around and plotting against an evil wizard was pretty heady and scary to a young me.

Probably my favorite in the series though maybe KQVI is objectively the "best" one.

Well, the file is blank because MAC doesn't back up it. (I don't take windows at this moment)
What kind of file type did they give you to download? If it's a self-extracting .exe y'all tin try changing information technology to .zip and double clicking it and come across if that unpacks everything. I've read that works.
What kind of file type did they give yous to download? If information technology's a self-extracting .exe you can endeavour changing information technology to .aught and double clicking it and see if that unpacks everything. I've read that works.

So practise I merely download it again and change information technology to goose egg earlier it downloads?
So do I just download it again and change information technology to zilch before it downloads?
I guess? Wouldn't hurt to try.
If y'all bought if off GOG and downloaded information technology, the exe is actually an installer and y'all basically want to install it, copy the data files (like resource.xxx and the numbered files) to the ScummVM folder and then you can uninstall information technology over again. You probably need Windows in order to run the installer though.
They run on ScummVM, then they tin run on basically anything manufactured in the last 20 years.
Gotta rep KQIII. Gets a lot of hate but I luv it. I even made and decorated my own spell book.
kings-quest-iii-introduction.png
My first KQ game - have fond memories of playing on my Apple tree Ii GS
And so many memories. Sneaking around and plotting against an evil wizard was pretty exciting and scary to a young me.

Probably my favorite in the series though maybe KQVI is objectively the "best" one.

YES! KQ3 was my first Sierra adventure game. I played it then much with my mom adjacent to me at our Tandy chiliad in the mid 80s.

I felt like I lived in that world. I still get nostalgic thinking near information technology. I'm going to go load it up right now.

King's Quest 8 Download Mac Os X

Posted by: louisebrarms1997.blogspot.com